Monday, July 18, 2016

Day 9

This past weekend was quite normal (at least to me): on Saturday, I studied more about impedance and AC circuits. It was surprising that the imaginary part of an impedance has actual effects in the real world. I spent the majority of Sunday outside having a barbecue (Sodium much?), and tried to learn how to pick locks. I haven't mastered this skill (just yet), but one day I hope to be as good a lock picker as Feynman.

For some reason, my alarm didn't work this morning (you guessed it right. It was Android). After arriving at the CIS, I went to Room 3125, Bob's office. There, all the interns' abstracts were pulled up on the screen. We read, discussed, and commented on them. All of the projects seemed quite interesting.

After that, I spent the rest of the day in the reading room, since Joe still isn't back yet. In the morning, I studied differentiation under the integral sign, read Feynman Lectures Vol. II Chpt. 23, and prepared a bit for the upcoming physics brawl competition. All interns then came to the reading room to have lunch. Since I wasn't hungry, I waited until later. At around 2:30, I went to participate in the eye tracking research. They have good pictures is all I'd say; don't want to induce any bias (best piece of evidence of the practicality of statistics I can find).

For the rest of the day, I simply studied more FLP and drank more sodas, neither of which, I hope, is a surprise to anyone by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment